Here we have a worksheet that a teacher named Jeffrey McMicken from South Carolina handed out to his 9th graders as part of their weekly assignment. This week’s uses lyrics from our song, “We’re Still Pioneers”. Jeffrey chose what he felt were the 5 best responses, and we will post one of those a day for the next 5 days.
We will start with Abrea Collins..
Here’s the way the assignment works..
- Students receive a Mentor Sentence handout on Monday and they complete Step One
- On Tuesday the students substitute (or replace) words in the sentence and start searching for Step Two
- On Wednesday the students take out sections or words of the sentence and continue searching for Step Two
- On Thursday the students add and also rearrange the words of the sentence and should have found Step Two
- On Friday the students will come up with an original sentence for Step Three and we share out what they came up with throughout the week